Tuesday, 4 November 2014

HELLO NOVEMBER

I come bearing good news. November has "cut us off already" as if Scofield in Season 2. This has bred bevy of mixed feelings and thoughts running through my encephalon. At the start of the year, I had all these aspirations and I could swear one of them was.....never mind, this is futile at the moment. I am the kind that knows what I have to do get out of what, and I don't need a resolution to drive me. Making resolutions isn't my thing as 9/10 I will fail to uphold my end of the bargain.

November is in the house and this means one or two or maybe three things. For starters, you are well aware Christmas is here too. I always get excited at the idea of Christmas. I still have the "child' in me that looks up to Christmas season. I get to watch the "Home Alone" sequel and laugh like I am watching the movies for the very first time. I mean, the Lord is born and I get to resurrect my church choir trained voice in adoration of the new born king. God's only Son, born of human flesh to die for mankind and wash the latter clean of sin. *clears throat* *enter key*

    Hark the Herald, Angels sing "Glory to the New Born King" Peace on earth and mercy mild, God & sinners reconciled. Joyful all ye nations rise, join the triumph.of the skies, with the Angellic Host proclaim "Christ is born, in Bethlehem.......

Secondly, I would love to use the words of the latest bigwig addition to Uganda's ever growing list of the unemployed, JPAM. " I do have a compelling reason to consider being a Mo Bro this November." This "Movember" campaign is back again. This is a movement dedicated to raising awareness about cancer in men espescially Prostate Cancer. It aims at addressing health issues, promoting cleanliness among men, advocate for cancer screening, encourage early treatment and also prevent early and avoidable deaths. This movement stretches back to 1999.
   "Seven Nightly News aired a story in 1999 featuring a group of young men in Adelaide , South Australia who coined the term "Movember" and the idea of growing moustaches for charity throughout the month of November."

The solidarity is shown by growing a moustache in November and the brothers are referred to as Mo Bros. Looking at my face, I should be smiling as I am so part of this now.

Controversially, another reason to appreciate this month is the fact that it almost a year since the art of "Sex-tapery" from a certain university hit social media. Boy didn't they make it nasty! Ever since that time, the industry hasn't looked back, budding with talent from all corners of the country. Many picked up from that yardstick and the business has been booming. As a gesture to celebrate the one year anniversary of the birth of the industry, a new tape has hit the waves, belonging to one perky Ugandan diva and due to that status, the tape is limited in supply. None the less, from the judgemental eye of expert reviewers, it is worth the act to mark one year this month. Ugandans might afterall have mastered the art of "Making it nasty."

Where the celebrations will be held, I am yet to know but would love to. I only pray it is not in advent because my Lord needs to find me clean & ready. This Friday, probably, how would I know? Let me stick to growing my moustache and be a "Mo Bro" and go eat Martha's graduation cake. Til next week.....