Monday, 1 June 2015

Special Times In Rotary

The past fortnight or so has been an amazing experience and called for bundles of joy in my Rotary circles. It is around this time, two years ago that I was inducted into the famous Rotaract Club Of Kyambogo. Many may find the time frame as a shocking revelation but, I'm celebrating two years as a member of the prestigious Buffalo Nation.

There are quite a number of reasons as to why it isn't a normal celebration.

First and foremost, I celebrate this with my mentor, now Rotarian Arthur Ssewava of Rotary Club Of Kiwatule. Arthur, just this past Saturday was inducted into Rotary, at the same hotel and time  my President Elect Bbosa Collins was being installed. Arthur is the gentleman that singled me out, alongside a brother of mine, Tonny Jingo. Arthur met I and Tonny at one the projects his Rotaract Club by then, Kampala The Core, had at Namilyango College. He recognised our zeal and love to serve and took us under his tutelage when we left College and made it to University. He was the very first thing we knew as a mentor and he did a tremendous job getting us acquainted with Rotaract and referring us to Rotaract Club Of Kyambogo.
This past weekend, just as my Rotaract Club was installing their next President, Arthur was being inducted into Rotary. He will be proud to know that I have headed the Best Serving Directorate this year, the PR Directorate of Rotaract Club Of Kyambogo. I shall celebrate Arthur transition into Rotary as he does celebrate the achievements of one of the 'kids' he mentored.

Secondly, I am with the #BuffaloNation when we have the very first DRR coming from our club. This is an accomplishment, not by many, but only a few. Being a member of the DRR's club is an honor the club won't take lightly I promise you. This DRR-ship comes on the back of us having Most Supportive President at the Grammys of #AgaliAwamu15, most supportive Club at the Grammys still, and also home of the Rotaract Pool Champion, P.E Collins.

In the spirit of Rotary, I have already witnessed another of my many mentors, Tonny Lubanja ascend to the helm of Rotaract Club Of Kyengera, Arthur is rising to Kampala West's soon, Aaron Gad-my old boy will be leading Bweyogerere Namboole soon. This new month, the partner in crime, Anitah Tibs will be installed as President for Bugolobi. Surely, I have built friendships & made connections with the right circles. I have journeyed with you all to different places as we have taken the 'Service Fun Fellowship' crusade to Nakasongola, Gulu, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara, Masaka, Busitema, Masuliita, Kabutemba.

This year, I celebrate you all; Rotarian Arthur my very first mentor, JP Sonko my President & Nicholas my DRRE. Also I honor and wish all the best to Tonny Lubanja, Aaron Gad, Sherry, Bbosa Collins, Anitah Tibs, Felix and my President Nominee, Keyza Martin.

Viva la Rotary!!