Saturday, 13 February 2016

#7DaysValentineSpecial Day 6 : Crush Forever, will you?

  "Hello, it's me I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet. To go over everything. They say that time's supposed to heal ya. But I ain't done much healing."

Ms Laughton, are you there? Can you hear me? Why won't you notice me? This is no shenanigan. We've known each other for a very long time. There's distance between us but it has only strengthened our bond. We need to meet as soon as possible. No, I'm not invisible. Let me remind you.
We met in 2008 after you released your debut album. I knew you had made that Sacrifice for me. It spoke to me. It did things within and to me. Since then, there's been no backpedaling. We were Sincerely In Love, the No Ordinary Love kind. Shontelle said it, stuck in love with each other. Well, as far as I was concerned.

You were just the perfect woman any man would want. A well toned skin, reaping off the healthy fruit diet of the Carribean Islands. Blessed lips, which whenever they've parted, melody after melody has graced my ears.

The height, oh dear Lord. Just the way I would like it. I would look at you as the perfect gift. Broadcasting media was a crime at school then but I kept you close to my heart even then. Many collabos have been done by you and I must say I was jealous at times. But I had to get over it.

My love must have been so strident enough that you made up your mind to come to Code 256. It's no coincidence that you sang "Nakupenda Pia" around the same time. That message got home safely, because when a woman loves, she loves for real. Our meet was properly set til the uncouth Pepsi people interfered and got you to perform at their show. I obviously made it to the show though I managed to hold back my urban excitement, otherwise I would have raided the stage. TJ tried to get me onto stage but I was too shy and starstruck.

Thank you for your new album. Ten of hearts. How did you know I enjoy the cards game? And that song, favorite boy; you just made a home run with that one. Yes, you're my "favorite girl"-ish, and I would dance with you given the chance. I won't let go even. And you and I, will rise in love.

Ms Laughton, will you be my Valentine?